10 Tips for Rewarding Your Weight Loss
If losing weight is what you seek, then remember to take time to enjoy the journey and reward yourself properly. Taking time to reward yourself for hard work and dedication with your diet is important. But, doing so with non-food rewards is essential in establishing and maintaining a healthy outlook on food. So, don’t think about a big scoop of ice cream or slice of cake. Instead, consider some treats that don’t contain any calories.
Lifestyle changes in one’s diet are important in long-term success. Weather it is losing 5 pounds, 15 pounds or 100 pounds, setting small goals and sticking to the agenda will see the best results. Once those goals are met, then creating new goals until those are met are key in weight loss success. One way to stay motivated is to reward yourself with something small but prized.
Here are a few rewards to consider for your weight loss journey:
1. Get Moving with Music - Download a new song that will get you moving and grooving. Music helps you relax, stay charged and is excellent accompaniment for your next workout!
2. Get a Manicure and/or Pedicure - A manicure and/or pedicure are nice treats for reaching your goal. Looking good and feeling good go hand-in-hand.
3. Save Money and Pay Yourself - For every pound you lose, set aside a dollar in a jar for the weight you lose. When you reach your goal, spend the money on one (non-food) prize you’ve wanted but haven’t spent the money on.
4. New Clothes for a New You - What person who loses weight doesn’t need new clothing to fit their smaller, trimmer body? Look for new clothing to help you look and feel your best are great choices when you reach your goal.
5. Accessorize Your New Wardrobe - Accessories can be a great indulgence that help you stay motivated as you head towards your end goal.
6. Movies, Plays and Performances - Movies, plays and performances are a nice, relaxing reward that help you indulge in the arts while helping you treat yourself for a job well done.
7. Take a Trip - Who doesn’t love to travel to a favorite spot or somewhere new and undiscovered? Travel is an excellent treat to top off your weight loss goal.
8. Get New Exercise Gear and Equipment - Workout gear, or gear for your favorite activity or sport is a wonderful reward for a job well done.
9. Learn Something New - Who doesn’t love to learn something new? Classes are a great reward for reaching a weight loss goal.
10. Help & Motivate Others - Charity is something that feels good to do and has such a great impact on others. Why not reward yourself by helping someone else?
Remember, setting attainable goals and knowing ahead of time what you will do for yourself when you reach it is as important as getting to your goal. It can help motivate and drive you when you feel less than motivated, and it can also push you to the finish line faster.
So, what are you waiting for? Ready to reward the new healthier and trimmer you? Are you ready to take advantage of rewarding yourself for taking care of yourself? Start with Seattle Sutton - learn more about our traditional and vegetarian meal plans, or read our customer success stories to get motivated today