Posted on 10/6/2014
Monday, October 06, 2014
Ottawa, Ill. (October 6, 2014) -- Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating (SSHE) is sponsoring its 2015 Slim Down Contest to help 10 lucky residents in Chicago's Northwest Suburbs of Cook County lose weight, feel great and improve their health. The individual who loses the most weight will be named the grand prize winner and will be awarded a trip for two to Cancun, Mexico.
"We are excited to host our sixth Slim Down contest after seeing so much success in recent years," said Seattle Sutton, founder of Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating. "This is a great way for people to get on the right track by improving their overall health, and we're thrilled to play a part in this life-changing process."
Interested participants looking to make a lifestyle change are invited to submit their stories and a photo of themselves between October 6, 2014 and October 20, 2014 at www.seattlesutton.com. Selected contestants will be notified by November 8, 2014.
The contest will officially kick off on January 5, 2015 and conclude on March 16, 2015. The 10 chosen contestants will receive 21 SSHE meals per week for a total of 210 meals throughout the 10-week challenge. The meals will consist of freshly prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner items.
The contestant who loses the most weight based on percentage of body weight will win a three-night trip for two to Barceló Tucancun Beach in Cancun, Mexico from Apple Vacations, valued at $2,000. The second place prize will be a $500 cash prize from SSHE, and the third place prize will be a Macy's gift card valued at $250 courtesy of SSHE.
To be considered for this contest, you must:
• Submit to SSHE your "story" and recent full-length photo -- "story" covers who you are, your history with weight loss, how much you currently weigh, what your ideal/goal weight is and what steps you've taken to date to lose weight. Please include your first and last name on your photo with your entry, along with your contact information -- address, phone numbers and e-mail.
• Be willing and able to go participate in media interviews prior to, during and after the contest.
• Be available for pre-interviews with SSHE.
• Agree to weekly weigh-ins throughout the contest, including at the beginning and end of the contest.
• Be dedicated and willing to stay on SSHE meals exclusively for 10 weeks.
• Agree to exercise, if medically able to do so according to your physician.
• Be willing to have blood work completed at no cost, once at the beginning of the contest and once at the end of the contest, to measure fasting blood sugar. SSHE will also record blood pressure.
• Agree to sign release forms and contest rules to participate in contest. Official contest rules are posted online at seattlesutton.com.
About Seattle Sutton's Slim Down Contests
Seattle Sutton's Slim Down Contests are weight loss contests that have transformed the lives of contestants, helping create healthy habits and improve lifestyles. Since the first challenge in 2010, the company has held five successful contests helping contestants lose a total of 2,190 pounds to date.
About Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating
SSHE is a family-owned, Illinois-based freshly prepared meal company recognized for dedication to convenient, healthy eating since 1985. SSHE takes the guesswork out of portion control and calorie counting by offering complete, freshly prepared 1,200 and 2,000-calorie (per day) traditional meal plans plus a 1,500-calorie vegetarian plan. A weekly plan consists of three meals per day or 21 meals per week. Meals are available for pick up at select retail locations or via UPS delivery nationwide. To contact Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating, call 1-800-442-3438 or visit seattlesutton.com.