Slim Down DuPage County Residents
Posted on 05/1/2012
Do you or someone you know live in DuPage County, Illinois? If so, listen up! We are sponsoring a 15-week weight loss contest called Seattle Sutton's 2012 Slim Down Contest for DuPage County residents.
If you want to lose weight, feel great and improve your health then look no further. Go to seattlesutton.com and register NOW. Be sure to include a photo of yourself and tell your story about why we should select you to compete for great prizes. Hurry, don't delay, registration ends on May 9th at 10 AM CT.
The contestant who loses the most weight based on percentage of body weight will be heading to Riviera Maya, Mexico with a guest. Second place prize will win $1,000 cash from Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating. Third place prize will win a year adult membership to the Kroehler Family YMCA of Metro Chicago.
For 15 weeks contestants will receive SSHE meals for FREE, beginning on June 4, 2012 and concluding the week of September 17, 2012. Meals provided include 21 meals per week -- every breakfast, lunch and dinner for the contestants, a total of 315 meals in all.
To register for the contest and read the complete rules and regulations, go to seattlesutton.com.
To be considered for this contest, you must:
- Submit to SSHE your story and recent photo story covers who you are, your history with weight loss, how much you currently weigh, what your ideal/goal weight is and what steps you've taken to date to lose weight. Please include your first and last name on your photo with your entry, along with your contact information address, phone numbers and e-mail.
- Be willing and able to go participate in media interviews prior to, during and after the contest.
- Be available for pre-interviews with SSHE.
- Agree to weekly weigh-ins throughout the contest, including at the beginning and end of contest.
- Be dedicated and willing to stay on SSHE meals exclusively for 15 weeks.
- Agree to exercise, if medically able to do so according to your physician.
- Be willing to have blood work completed, once one week prior to the beginning and once one week prior to the end, to measure cholesterol (total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL, HDL), fasting blood sugar, Hemoglobin A1C and blood pressure taken. This is a free service provided by ACL Laboratories, as part of the contest.
- Agree to sign release forms and contest rules to participate in contest. Official contest rules are posted online at seattlesutton.com.
If you are finally ready to lose weight for good, then fill out an online registration form at seattlesutton.com and submit your story with a current photo. You may also opt to upload a recent video of yourself telling your story about why you should be chosen.
* * *
Speaking of losing weight and improving health, our LaSalle County contestants did a REMARKABLE job of losing 510.5 pounds in 15 weeks. They also saw great improvements in their health. Their results are as follows:
- First place winner, Sean McGettigan's cholesterol dropped from 255 to 177 and his triglycerides dropped from 166 to 39.
- Second place winner, Kim Farrell lowered her blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose, her blood pressure went from 150/91 to 106/70, cholesterol went from 278 to 198 and her fasting blood sugar went from 114 to 91.
- Third place winner, Ryan Ramon dropped his cholesterol, blood pressure and glucose, his cholesterol went from 278 to 217, blood pressure went from 145/102 to 121/81 and his fasting blood sugar went from 103 to 83.
- Fourth place winner, Janna Trager dropped her cholesterol from 238 to 193 and triglycerides dropped from 205 to 117.
The other contestants also saw big health improvements in 15 weeks, including:
- Bob Beutke lost 66.25 pounds and his cholesterol dropped from 228 to 167.
- Bob Hornbeck lost 41 pounds and his blood pressure dropped from 180/118 to 126/94.
- Andrea Edwards lost 45.5 pounds and her cholesterol dropped from 223 to 189.
- Kristen McGill lost 36 pounds and her blood pressure went from 143/92 to 110/82.
- Heather Treest lost 51 pounds and her cholesterol dropped from 163 to 139.
Seattle Sutton, BSN, RN
She made healthy eating her mission in life long before anyone else did, in hopes of helping her own obese father. A registered nurse by training and entrepreneur at heart, she lives, eats and breathes everything about healthy eating and helping to improve people’s eating habits and overall health. She enjoys never having to bother with grocery shopping, cooking and counting calories. Her favorite SSHE meal, although it’s hard to pick just one, is the Potato Gnocchi with Basil Pesto Sauce.