Posted on 05/5/2014
You’ve most certainly heard by now that our Seattle Sutton’s 2014 Slim Down Contest has come to a conclusion and our contestants lost a total of 467 pounds in just a matter of 15 weeks. But, that’s not all…that’s only part of the story!
The contestants not only changed the numbers on their scales, but also changed their eating habits and overall health. Their health was greatly improved and proof is in the lab work results. We tested before and after their fasting blood sugar, total cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure. And, the results were nothing short of amazing!
Our contestants should truly be proud of their health improvements, including
- Linda Adams, 46, of Crown Point, Ind., reduced her total cholesterol from 218 to 135 and her blood pressure dropped from 118/105 to 105/71.
- Michael Adams, 52, of Crown Point, Ind., dropped his total cholesterol from 239 to 165, triglycerides from 262 to 129 and his blood pressure went from 151/100 to 131/83.
- Maureen Anleitner, 60, of Chesterton, Ind., lowered her blood pressure from 153/105 to 130/93, fasting blood sugar was lowered from 96 to 88 and total cholesterol was reduced from 220 to 188.
- Rebekah Cowan, 50, of Valparaiso, Ind., reduced her blood pressure 145/94 to 142/85, total cholesterol dropped from 190 to 124 and her triglycerides went from 118 to 53.
- Sue Kiefer from Crown Point, Ind., lowered her blood pressure from 124/89 to 121/82.
- Tim Kreke from Crown Point, Ind., reduced his blood pressure from 174/97 to 140/76, and his total cholesterol dropped 52 points along with his triglycerides went from 118 to 43.
- Jessica Mignard, 31, of Valparaiso, Ind., dropped her total cholesterol from 168 to 134 and her blood pressure went from 132/82 to 111/76.
- Michael Perez from Munster, Ind., lowered his blood pressure from 130/94 to 100/79, and his total cholesterol went from 237 to 174 along with his LDL dropped from 184 to 99.
- Lon Saloman, 45, of Valparaiso, Ind., lowered his total cholesterol from 201 to 117, triglycerides went from 227 to 79 and blood pressure dropped from 142/108 to 132/80.
- Annette Walker, 57, of Gary, Ind., reduced her total cholesterol from 187 to 142 and her blood pressure went from 138/93 to 126/75.
We’ve seen such remarkable results time and again in our nearly 30-year history of helping people improve their eating habits and overall health.
So, if you are on the fence but need to make changes to your eating habits….what are you waiting for? Give us a try for a week and see how much better you feel eating a healthy, mixed-balanced diet.
Seattle Sutton, BSN, RN
She made healthy eating her mission in life long before anyone else did, in hopes of helping her own obese father. A registered nurse by training and entrepreneur at heart, she lives, eats and breathes everything about healthy eating and helping to improve people’s eating habits and overall health. She enjoys never having to bother with grocery shopping, cooking and counting calories. Her favorite SSHE meal, although it’s hard to pick just one, is the Potato Gnocchi with Basil Pesto Sauce.